Squirrels under pantiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have squirrels getting in under pantile roof. The wife saw it pop out into the gutter.

Our loft has been converted so this side of the house is just a crawl space so awkard to get into to do much. We had the fascias and soffits done 2 years ago and there should be comb type strips in that gap but would the squirrel just chew that?

What's my best bet? Try and stuff wire in the gAps from outside? Try and box in the soffits with wire from inside? I did see a pest control site where they seemed to suggest the mesh you use on top of the gutter to stop leaves getting in helps as they can't drop down and then crawl back up and in but I'm doubtful.

Please help the scuffling and gnawing noises are doing my head in!!

Sponsored Links
they would eat the comb fillers.You can bed on the bottom course of tiles presentably with rapid set in it or they will eat the cement to

What would they be bed onto though? Under them is plastic facia and soffits?

Ex-foam :idea:

It is illegal to move nesting squirrels so you might want to get a move on.

Sponsored Links
I hadn't considered that - I thought it might have been an appetiser for them? Would / could they chew through it or does that make it too much effort and they move on?

Thinking about it though thats our roof ventilation so not sure it's a goer anyway?

I'm hoping we've caught it early - yesterday was the first noises we've heard since we had an issue at Xmas (one got in and fell down the soil stack boxing in on Xmas day - obviously they don't follow religious holidays!)

I put sonic / electromagnetic repellers in the crawl space - effective - NOT. I have also put two cage traps up there baited with peanut butter and monkey nuts - bypassed them as well - is there any point in that?

Roll some chicken wire up and poke it under the pans of the eaves course, this blocks the access and still allows airflow, sounds a bit M-Mouse but I'm sure I've heard of this solution somewhere (think I'm not imagining it lol)

Solved a problem like this for a customer last year, we used alloy soakers, cut to the profile of the tiles and fixed to the top of the fascia, job done

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back