Squirty mixer tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I took the shower hose off my shower mixer tap to redo the sealant. I've reattached it, however the water now sprays out of the top.

I've tried twisting it around to make sure it's properly on, but it makes no odds.

Is there a way I can fix this, or would I need to replace the entire tap? The hose is fairly new.

Vid of what's happening for clarity.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Yes can see the video now almost certainly the washer, assuming the hose its self is not damaged.(y)

Sponsored Links
That would make complete sense as the sealant job was due to a leak and caused chaos, so I had bits everywhere.

The video was processing, but it should be available now. I'm due a screwfix order so chucking in a 75p washer is definitely worth a try. Thank you.
Buy 2 washers, not all heads & hoses are the same and on a rare occasion you need 2.

Buy 2 washers, not all heads & hoses are the same and on a rare occasion you need 2.

Good tip, cheers. I might get a few different sizes too, just in case. I live in a hard water area, so it's not like they'll sit around for long unused.

All sorted, lo and behold, I took the hose off and there was no washer. Popped a new one in and it worked perfectly again.

Thanks for your help, you've saved me a fair chunk of change. I've repaired this sodding tap three times now and thought it was time to call it quits and get a new one fitted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back