SSRTEL07 thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

my dad is in the process of upgrading from a Sunvic TLM2253 to a Strom SSRTEL07.

not able to get to his right now but he has managed to get the heating on but has no real control of it and the new SSRTEL hasn't lit up when pressing in the settings button.

Can anyone tell me what needs to be done and how it should be wired.

He tells me the Live and neutral are wired up correctly, however he does tell me that his screwdriver should power on the black and not the red and he then changed the wiring round to suit.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I think he need some to use something a bit more safe and accurate than a neon screwdriver. Doesn’t the Strom need batteries as well?

well cant find a manual for it so no idea, and yes agreed proper equipment ahould always be needed, but he his nearly nearly 80.

Found manual for the old one, and he didn't take a picture of that for reference either.

Not exactly local, the people they tried to get in to do the job didn't show.

gave him a *******ing for having a go without knowing what he was doing.

I'll know more when I get down there and thanks for your reply, the unit is a hard wired one, not a wireless one, so would seem a little crazy to have batteries too but not impossible I guess.

it came with a manual but I can't see so well remotely as he cant hold it still enough.

Quite a lot come with batteries so they can be volt free switching, and don’t require a neutral for an anticipator. They are often used when only two wires are available.

Sponsored Links
the Sunvic is an old mechanical stat and will have a live a switched live a neutral and possibly an earth, the only two wires you are interested in are the live and the switched live the rest you need to terminate safely as they are not used in the new stat, do not go by the colours of the wires these mean nothing in a heating system, the new stat is battery powered and you connect the old live and switched live to COM and NO on the new stat

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
The SSRTEL07 is mains operated.

upload_2019-12-15_13-10-9.png

• Thanks
Okay.

the old unit did have live neural and earth wires I am told.(or should I say three wires twin and earth I suspect being used).
The old unit looks to have some internal connections.

The new unit has three terminals Neutral, Live, Normally open.

The unit isn't illuminated (so if battery operated there appears to be no battery), the unit says its battery operated with a cap as its power back up.

I am sure it be clearer when I am down there, but hopefully they will have had someone come out to it.

My understanding there is the boiler, event controller and a thermostat.

The thermostat has been there as long as I can remember, the event controller and boiler have been changed some years ago, but back then he had no trouble getting people out to do jobs.

My apologies @EFLImpudence seems to have found a wiring diagram for it and I was incorrect, it seems you need a live and neutral supply and a switched live to bring the boiler on, still not rocket science to work it out with a multi meter

• Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back