Attachments

• 20220506_232920.jpg
    20220506_232920.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 57
  • 20220506_232914.jpg
    20220506_232914.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 55
Sponsored Links
Don't recognise the brand of your flush valve ,but I would recommend removing the whole thing and fitting a new one. The way the base part is fitted it looks askew and a bit of a bodge job.

I'd agree with you there, looks wrong. The one downstairs is the same type and much more aligned.

I'm assuming the hole is standard so I can replace the whole unit easily...I do wonder what goes through people's minds when they decide to simply put sealant on instead..

Might be a trip with the old unit to the plumbers merchants while waiting for the stack pipe to now become bone dry, so I can then sand, file stack pipe, rebuild the toilet test test test stack pipe issue. RE Plaster, decorate, skirting mitre job and then sit back awaiting the next joy of house ownership to land

Thanks for all your replies

Sounds like a plan !! Have you replaced a flush valve before ,new donut washer required etc ,etc. ?

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a plan !! Have you replaced a flush valve before ,new donut washer required etc ,etc. ?

Last house I seem to remember having to fix similar.

Despite sealant and alignment it's not leaking from the toilet tank and never has. To replace that part does the tank need disconnecting from the pan?

Thanks Andy for the link to that part for the flush seal

Chances are that the stack is leaking due to expansion & contraction and no method employed for dealing with this.
Solvent weld joints can sheer if this movement is great enough and not accounted for.
More so when not properly made.
One would hope that a pressure test was completed on the installation, in order to be passed by BC at the time of construction.

Chances are that the stack is leaking due to expansion & contraction and no method employed for dealing with this.
Solvent weld joints can sheer if this movement is great enough and not accounted for.
More so when not properly made.
One would hope that a pressure test was completed on the installation, in order to be passed by BC at the time of construction.

I very much doubt that on housing estates people are actually pressure testing plastic weld joints on every installation.

As we all know what is on paper on the rules and what happens on a site are very different. Its a case of getting it done as quickly and as cheaply as possible with very little care

As we all know what is on paper on the rules and what happens on a site are very different. Its a case of getting it done as quickly and as cheaply as possible with very little care

Looks like Judge Liam has worked out the building industry.

Andy

For a small drip I have successfully heated up a screwdriver and melted (molded) the fitting to the pipe.

You've surely got a blockage in the shared drain between you and the neighbour? Draining slowly.

Sorry only read the first page now i can see it's actually a passing toilet valve!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back