Stair Kits

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I heard and saw on Tv that it is possible to buy Laminate/ real wood faced stair kits, that you fit like normal laminate flooring over the top if your existing staircase. Does anyone know where i can get these sorts of kits from?

Id be most greatful if anyone could help me with this :D

Sponsored Links
You can use normal laminate(I believe) and join the edges with stair nosing. I'm in the process of starting this myself on my stairs, just having a bit of trouble finding the correct stair nosing.

Theres a post on here somewhere about laminating stairs.

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13560&highlight=shaws

I have been looking into this myself as I also want to laminate my stairs. You can buy kits made by Moderna, they consist of the laminate and stair nosing but are quite expensive, the price I was given was approx £25 per step. BHK supply these http://www.bhkonline.com/

Or if you allready have the laminate and want to buy the nose profiles then these are around £20 per 2.4m length(enough for 3 steps of standard size staircase). Everywhere I have asked said that this has to be ordered as they dont stock it as standard(can also choose your colour).

Sponsored Links
now im not a fan of laminate floor on stairs cos in my opinion adapting it to stairs is at best a botch but-----------------
this product quite pleases me it seems to take my safety concerns into mind eg non slip robust looking nosings sitting firmly on the front of the tread

You need to be very carful trying to put laminate flooring onto your stair treads, you will need a stair nosing detail at the front and this needs to have anti-slip, and then the staircase is going to look more like a comercial staircase.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back