Stair Rods??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I am hoping someone can help me massively!!

My father in law had some work done in this house upstairs and the builder put down dust sheets on the stairs.. sounds normal right..

then the builder got a bag of sprung loaded rods and placed them on each step, therefore keeping the dust sheets nice and tight against the stairs so that they never fell down and reduced the risk to tripping over.

Does anyone have any idea what these are actually called?? Have searched high and low with no luck!!

Cheers guys!

Sponsored Links
It's not often you see contractors using these, and its a sign of a conscientious worker

I just buy a roll of self adhesive carpet protector for £8.40 + VAT, saves messing around with dust sheets on stairs and expensive stair rods.

Trade Tiler are great though I use them often.

Sponsored Links
I just buy a roll of self adhesive carpet protector for £8.40 + VAT, saves messing around with dust sheets on stairs and expensive stair rods.

Trade Tiler are great though I use them often.

I assume these are single use though? £10 everytime you work upstairs soon gets expensive

Sorry, I mainly do bathroom refits so stairs will be protected for a couple of weeks. Its not slippy at all.

I used to use dust sheets but everyone kept tripping on them on the landing.
Saw a builder who used the self adhesive roll and the customers loved it so I've used it ever since.

Excellent, I like the stair rods!

Last time I used screwfix own brand stair protector, I left it on the stairs and the route to the front door for two weeks, it left a sticky residue behind.

Excellent, I like the stair rods!

Last time I used screwfix own brand stair protector, I left it on the stairs and the route to the front door for two weeks, it left a sticky residue behind.

mmm.....it seems the carpet needs protecting against the carpet protector itself.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back