Standalone elec cooker to elec hob & oven

Getting what from, FTB?

The 17th advises appliances >2kW be on a dedicated circuit.

As for a (for eg) 32A B type breaker, it will hold on for quite a time with a small overload & less time with a greater one. How many > 7.2kw showers do you see on 32A breakers? How often do they trip? Not often, as, although there is a fair overload, it is only present for 10/15mins, so will hold in.

Sponsored Links
Unsure where your getting this from, but you might need to re-read what you thought you read.

Who says im an 'ex-spark', but maybe a spark doing something different, just not in the domestic, commercial or industrial area.

I try not to be limited to one area.

you wrote

First-time-buyer said:
. . . . have an domestic & commercial electrical background. I still have (probably well run out by now) my old C&G 236 Pt 1 (electrical installations), some JTL thing and the old 16th editition certificates in my old record of achievements.

apologies if you're still in the game it's just this and your apparent lack of some basic knowledge suggests you're not very up-to-date.

I try not to be limited to one area either, i'm a handyman!! :p <ducks for cover> amongst other things.

incidentally, if you're not a domestic, commercial or industrial spark, what sector are you in??

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back