StandTronic 9651 open circuit zone six

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all I am looking for some serious help
I have just installed a new system when coming to set the programme brings up error on zone six circuit open the zone is all okay as far as I am concerned I have connected the two wires on the door circuit together also have meted the circuits back to the main PCP set the zone to 03 which is normal alarm zone please could someone let me know of what is happening please
Many thanks Mark :confused:

Sponsored Links
hows it wired ? fsl or 2 wire + global tamper ? check for shorts between tamper and alarm or alarm and 0v.

Thank you for your reply
It is a to wire door contact we have two resistors I have done those that way and same as a panic button which works okay
I have replaced the wire 2 causes within the wire
Thanks

Hi guys
Okay done some more work on the alarm I have moved the zone from 6 to zone five and this has not made any difference
Is saying zone is at fault I have double checked the resistors that they are correct and I have a circuits loop on the system so where am I going wrong mitalee this is an intermittent fault at times as well
Please help

Sponsored Links
Have you tested the cable?

Take wires out of door contact and twist together, take wires out of zone and test for continuity with a DVM. Your resistance reading should be as low as possible, ie. 2ohms this obviously depends on how far away the door is from the panel.

If you don't have a DVM try changing the cores on the cable, ie. instead of using blue and yellow use green and white.

If the cores are good, put the contact back on the end and test with a DVM, closed should read 4.7k and open should read 6.8k.

Another way is to bring the door contact back to the control panel and using a short piece of wire connect it to the zone.

Are you sure the panic button is wired correctly, when you press it does it actually go into alarm or is it setting the tamper alarm off causing you to think it's working.

Thank you guys much appreciated your help I cannot believe what it is they always say something easy I have replaced the resistance three times on that circuit so far and tested them and it comes down to being a contact 2K2 tamper resistor blown again must have a bag of dodgy resistance
Thank you

Spoke to manufacturers today they require my old resistors back sending new ones out to me as a technical engineer was not happy with the resistance :LOL: :cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back