Stanley screwdrivers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
God what a shock went to an auction the other week on the mainland,halfway through was told there was to be a sale of antique tools imagine my shock when out came a load of red handled Stanley screwdrivers just like I use there were 30of em so I bought em all and cheap antiques pahhhhh.Bob

Sponsored Links
That's from when Stanley's name stood for good quality tools - not like the crap we get now.

Bloody hell....havent really thought about it but the first tool I ever bought was a stanley screwdriver!
40 odd years ago

and I still have it....infact it has always been in my tool bag, always no matter what. New tool bags but that little bugger has always been there! And I wouldn't have a tool kit without it.

40 years....bloody hell and it's a red one....done some work with that little darling

And do you remember the blue handled ones aswel I've still got loads I use em most days antiques indeed no just bloody good tools.Bob

Sponsored Links
I still have my Yankee in almost as new condition. At the time cordless was relatively new outside my price range, so I had to make do with manual.

same as!!
Actually pressed mine back into action a couple of years ago. went to help a mate salvage tons of metal racking from Harwell, not sure why but we weren't allowed any brushed motor tools. so out came the yankee.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back