Stanley twin 80k tripping electric

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Came home tonight to fing out electric had tripped, routed it down to the stanley cooker. I fired it up and as it was about to fire it tripped mcb. Ive had a look inside and seems the oil pump has a leak on it. Danfoss bfp 52e l5 would the leak cause it to trip?
I disconnected the two connectors on top of the pump and re startes it and then teipped the rcd on the stove, so presumably have a faulty pump would this be correct? Thanks steve

Sponsored Links
No, the pumps on these don't have anything electrical connected to them so would not cause your electrics to trip. Does the motor run at all? A video of the firing sequence as far as it gets would be useful

Thanks for the reply, although not electric the two cables at the top are they sensors? As mentioned before when i unplugged these it did not trip? Video uploaded to you tube as couldnt do it on here. Thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
The two wires are probably the solenoid to let the oil in.

If it trips the MCB just before firing, the problem is most likely to be the solenoid coil. If there is a leak. then it could be coming from the solenoid stem and entering the plug, which may cause RCD problems if the disconnected lead has got wet. If the leak is coming from the pump centre shaft, then the pump will need replacing which will include a new coil.

Thanks for the replies, yes trips as it fires, will check tonight where leak is coming from.
Anychance does anyone know what the original pump would of been, as the pump was changed 3 years ago

I can't recall ever seeing a 2 stage pump on one of these, which the BFP 52 is. I would normally expect to see a BFP 21L3 single stage pump on it. The M.I's wiring diagram only shows one coil feed from the control box. If yours however has 2 coil feeds, then it must feature a soft start burner. Do you still have the manual? Is a 2 stage pump shown on that? If you find that you have just a faulty coil, then if I recall it is a different coil on the 52 series pumps to the 21 series.

I havnt got the manual, was installed when i moved in, the manuals online dont seem to list the oil pump on them, they are drawn in the burner.
I have had a quick look and seems to be wet on the front rather than the top, was going to remove and inspect but cant get the oil line of the bottem to separate. Im sure its the pump that was replaced as well

you really need to remove the burner complete. You'll need sockets with an extension to undo the retaining nuts. It will then withdraw on the flexi hose and wiring harness. Disconnect the plug and you have full access to the oil connection. As I have said, I've never seen a 2 stage pump on one of these.

Hi yes boilerbob, thats the pump i have on it,
I have just taken of and seems to be leaking from the o ring in the middle, and maybe the solenoid coils as well

Don’t mess about new pump will sort it just get the two pressures right. Bob

Just taken apart earlier, solinoid coil had gone, and leak was from filter plug. Used some bits of old pump i had, working so far touch wood.
Cheers for the help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back