start up insurance?

• Thread starter notasmuchfunasitsmadeoutt
  • Start date
N

notasmuchfunasitsmadeoutt

Hi all,
I've been doing the a bit of work as a painter and decorator for private households and realise I need to have insurance before going anyfurther with my empire! I've tried looking around on tintenet burt all seems a bit confusing in that I'm not sure who are good providers and who are to be avoided.
To begin with I need to keep costs down as much as poss so would be looking for quite a basic package. My question is does anyone recommend any particular insurer and what should I be paying for liability ? etc,
hope you can help as this would take a wait off my mind,
cheers to all
simon :confused:

Sponsored Links
I would contact an insurance agent and the very least I would look for is general liability insurance as once a carpet gets a drop of paint on it is now a family antique worth a hundred thousand dollars or more.

If you have employees then workers compensation etc.

Also set up a corporation so they cannot go after your personal assets

cant really remember specific companies as there seemed to be loads with differing premiums, so quickly stopped the search to see if Icould seek recomendations.
general liability sounds like a good starting point, but blimey setting upa corporation sounds a bit much for a one man band. whats the advantage there, other than in the off chance that someone tries to take me for everything I own ( dog car and afew books) :eek:

Sponsored Links
cant really remember specific companies as there seemed to be loads with differing premiums, so quickly stopped the search to see if Icould seek recomendations.
How about remembering just one of them?

setting upa corporation sounds a bit much for a one man band.
Don't forget that Tieger is an American, living and working in America, and that he doesn't know much about English Law.

if you have any suggestions as to who are good insurance companies and who are not then please let me know. Are you suggesting I go with any of them? didnt think I would get that kind of response from this website.

You're not really putting the effort in though, and implying that this web site has let you down isn't going to endear yourself to people either.

I suggest that you call one of the several insurance companies whose web sites you've apparently looked at, get a quote, then post the information here, then people will tell you whether that's good or bad, cheap or expensive.

Back