Static shocks

It wouldnt make any difference.
The next thing I touch after getting out of the car gets it!!

A pal used to have a black vauxhall vectra which was lethal.

Sponsored Links
I wonder if those things that hang off the back bumper really work. I always get a shock off the car in the summer, to the extent that I sometimes close the car door with my elbow if I'm wearing long sleeves...what a wimp.

WoodYouLike said:
try to get the air humidity in your home to a higher level. (Lately the humidity has been very very low, under 30% even). )

Only someone who works in your line of business would have known that! :D

With cars (if you're not wearing those leather-soled shoes) you can hold the car key, and touch the car with the end of the key so the spark goes off that.

If getting out of the car, keep one hand on the metalwork as you get out, and don't let go until you're standing on the ground.

hermes said:
WoodYouLike said:
try to get the air humidity in your home to a higher level. (Lately the humidity has been very very low, under 30% even). )

Only someone who works in your line of business would have known that! :D
Well yes, cause it's an important detail when installing flooring, low humidity means more chance of expansion in other seasons = wider expansion gaps :cool:

Sponsored Links
toffee..i have a co worker who has a tremendous amount of static about her....to the point that we dont hand things back and forth....we lay them down first...it was becoming nerve wracking. Here's what I do. in the car...make it a habit to touch the metal part of the door as you slide across the seat to get out. At home...a humidifer helps and clothes out of the dryer...a little fabric softener or dryer sheet helps. If combs and brushes are the culprit...wash them in soap and water...dry well...i do this once every month or so... and used dryer sheet...if you use them makes a terrific dusting rag....hope this helps :)

Remember nylon sheets eek! we stayed in an hotel in penzance, I jumped into bed full of anticipation arf arf! when Zapp! Zeerrr! sssst! ouch! and landed on the floor on the other side. :LOL:

also, I might ad....try to choose clothing for you and your family and this includes accessories with as much "natural" fiber that you can, Nylon...is yikes but so is poylester which is what alot of clothes are made of...if there is a combination cotton/and other...try to get the ones that have more cotton. :)

The more moist your hands are the easier to tranmit the charge to earth (ie you get a shock).

Most static builds up from clothing brushing against hair so trim your furburger and your husband will get a shock.

joe

I have among other footwear, two different style pairs of Clarkes finest.. When alighting from 'her' Renault and closing the door .. no static zap wearing one style .. wearing the other pair ... big zap !
I guess with the one I am insulated from the ground less so with the other.
No zap at all, wearing any footwear when alighting from the old Nissan ....
Interaction of clothing and seating materials, also more plastic in one car than t'other I guess..
A pain in ..... the finger ! at times.
:) :( :eek:

i used to wear nylon/polyester shirt at argos. got fed up with shocks. when the cold weather hit, i started wearing a cotton t-shirt underneath. shocks stopped. ;) ;)

hmm, will have to check clothes.
My gym stuff and trainers probably cause a big build up of charge.

My shoes are leather uppers, they have man made soles.
I will definately consider that when getting a new pair.

The advice for the car is easy enough to do and I have put hand cream about the house and in my hand bag.

As for hair cuts, (either end).... no, Id better not go there! :LOL:

Toff's a Hobbit.

Probably has difficulty finding shoes to fit.

Though she did mention having a thorough clip recently.

Sponsored Links
Back