Stelrad Concord W boiler leaking water

For those who don't do heating work do I really have to list a few of the pitfalls?
The reality, in my world, is that kind of job usually takes me about five hours taking into account the average few usual problems to be solved.
And considering the age of the unit, the pitfalls and problems could be many!

Sponsored Links
I am loving it AGILE you havent got a clue about access to the boiler the condition of the possible asbestos seals on combustion door or flue hood whether the leak has caused any other damage to burner box tie rods etc etc .

OP it was not unusual for these to leak for a few mins on start up then seal themselves again have you left it on to see if it carries on leaking

I am loving it AGILE you havent got a clue about access to the boiler the condition of the possible asbestos seals on combustion door or flue hood whether the leak has caused any other damage to burner box tie rods etc etc .

OP it was not unusual for these to leak for a few mins on start up then seal themselves again have you left it on to see if it carries on leaking

I have left it on and off for a while, the leak is going from an occaionsal drip to a drip drip drip drip - didnt want to do further damage so I have shut it completly down till I can find a (temp) solution as very short on cash at the moment till the summer.

Can I use it even if it is leaking? I have had to bleed a couple of radiators and they are full of air.... :(

For those who don't do heating work do I really have to list a few of the pitfalls?
The reality, in my world, is that kind of job usually takes me about five hours taking into account the average few usual problems to be solved.
And considering the age of the unit, the pitfalls and problems could be many!

Yes I am aware of that, however, I have NO money for a new one at the moment, and was hoping for a temp fix till the summer :(

Sponsored Links
First thing to try would be stick some fernox leak sealer in at 20 quid a bottle you never know it might just work if not you have only wasted 20 quid

First thing to try would be stick some fernox leak sealer in at 20 quid a bottle you never know it might just work if not you have only wasted 20 quid

I yes I saw this thread, looking at screw fix and amazon, not sure if to get the stuff you put in the radiator or the other stuff - (not sure where to put the other stuff to be honest :() thanks xxx

Filling loop on a Concord W?

I hope not ;).

Might have an over-heat stat wired up somehow ;) Sad story, maybe if people gave a toss about their heating and hot water and not having expensive cars on their drives, new bathroom, new kitchen our advice to change them when offered wouldn't seem so bad. Needs must eh!

I hope not ;).

Might have an over-heat stat wired up somehow ;) Sad story, maybe if people gave a toss about their heating and hot water and not having expensive cars on their drives, new bathroom, new kitchen our advice to change them when offered wouldn't seem so bad. Needs must eh!

Thansk, but my bathroom and kitchen are as old as my boiler, no car, just a bike... I wish.... but then hey... I would be glad of hot water and heating as I have not had any since begining of December... :(

I hope not ;).

Thansk, but my bathroom and kitchen are as old as my boiler, no car, just a bike... I wish.... but then hey... I would be glad of hot water and heating as I have not had any since begining of December... :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back