Steve, Rob, Simon, etc...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
You know how you used to listen to the radio (in my case Tony Blackburn on saturday mornings) and try & work out in your head an idea of how they looked from their voice?

Well.....This is a bit silly but when you've known people by their screen name and then you discover their real name, do you think "Hmmm..s/he doesn't come across as a "Stuart" (or whatever)?

A good example is when I used to work in a dairy on QC. Everyone (even the boss!) knew and addressed me as "Fat B*stard"

So when some of them realised my name was Simon, I got quite a few responses like "Eeeh, you don't sound like a Simon!!"

The funny thing was, when I asked one of them what I did sound like, he said Trevor.

Before you all hold your hands up in terror, I've nothing against the name Trevor, just not ever thought of it as a name for me, if you see what I mean.

OK, I'll get my coat....

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Simon your post reminds me of the guys I phone at our IT helpdesk. I'm no good at building mental images, they all sound the same (In Stoke) to me. When they sent out a leaflet one day with photos of our support departments staff on, I was surprised, to say the least! :LOL:

I had to phone them 5 times today, I think our computer proper went into one. :( I bet they are wondering what I look like now :LOL:

Our office is in B'rum. I met a couple of the office staff today who previously had only ever spoken to over the phone. It's good to put a visage to the voice!

It is Quality Control, BTW guys.

Sponsored Links
Back