Stick with Worcester Bosch?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Had British Gas out today to do my annual Boiler service on my Worcester Bosch 14/19CBI, and now have a condemned boiler and no heating/hot water just before Christmas..

To be fair to the BG Guys, they were 100% right on condemning it, looking at the insides, was just a mass of rust, even the chassis was rusted though, so not sure they could have done anything about it.

My old boiler was installed around 2002 - 2003, so around 15 years old, and to be fair has rarely let me down, only 1 actual problem with the boiler itself since we have been here (12 years). Is this the standard lifetime of a boiler?

So my question is.. should i stick with Worcester? the BG guys suggested an Worcester 18Ri, (i wont be getting it through BG though).

or are there any better makes/models that i should look at.. Obviously cost is an issue, but would rather pay a bit more for something that i know is going to last a fair while rather than pay less and have to replace it again sometime soon.

Thanks
W1nst0ne

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back