Sticking plasterboards to walls in open house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I just have a quick question about putting plasterboards on walls in a house that is undergoing major extension work. All the doors and windows have been taken out of the property as they will be replaced with new ones. The doors and windows do not get fitted for another 3-4 weeks.
In order to speed up the whole build process and not waste any time, is it worth putting the plasterboards on the walls and ceilings before the house is air tight?
We have an option to cover the windows/door openings with chipboards so as to prevent any rain coming into the property.
Also, is it ok to skim on plasterboards in such environments i.e. the door window openings covered only using chipboards?
Also note that there is no heating in the house as well.

Many Thanks
Tabz

Sponsored Links
Might take a while to dry in these temps, but you can certainly board and skim even if there aren't any windows in.. either leave the reveals til there are, or be sure you can fit the windows from outside. Personally I'd leave the reveals..

Is the chipboard moisture ressistant ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back