Stihl HT 75 chain not oiling.

Without seeming rude, as you seem to know your way around a chain saw, have you checked the chain is fitted the right way round?
I fitted a new one to my Oregon saw last week and within a short while it was smoking after cutting through a number of small bush stumps. Turns out I had put the previous chain on backwards, use it a couple of times then put it away for the winter. As a consequence, when I started to use, it I thought it had gone blunt so fitted the new chain the same way. This started smoking after a short while also. Felt a right idiot when I discovered my mistake.

Sponsored Links
Cleaned sawdust out of pump - fine now. They sent me the wrong chain even though I had specified 64 links, so I thought I would change the sprocket and use it, cheaper than sending the chain back, but of course the bar is different as well so I had to get the pico chain and change it all back, the other chain is now on my ordinary chain saw, and yes it uses 1/8" files which I have. Like a knife through butter now so I recon the 'new' chain that it was supposed to be must have been a very cheap one.

Peter

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back