Still problems with boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:confused: The ongoing saga of our boiler we have got the pressure corrected but now an central heating isolating valve is leaking,when last week had an engineer out to look at boiler he mentioned that the white box that houses the 3 way valve gets stuck every now and again.When last night got out another engineer that deals with worcester bosch boilers more often he took the boiler apart and tells me that apart from the isolating valve that needs fixing also the expansion vessel and also about a new fan being put in,i dont want to get fleeced by anyone, if we get work done i want it to be done by what needs to be fixed properly

Sponsored Links
:confused: We didn't call anyone out,but when we looked under the work top there was the filling loop in a u shape, then there were various different valves small and large valves, we would need a flat screwdriver to move them, also there were mentions of dvc valves or something.Also when there are different valves and a person is not totally sure which valve is for what then it's a bit like a lucky dip as to which one you move then you feel apprehensive about messing up the whole boiler system especially when we are not made of money

There seems to be a lot of missing information!!!

From not calling anyone you now tell us you have called TWO people ?

But it seems that neither were able to satisfy you that they had solved the problem?

Were they genuine CORGI registered diagnostic engineers? Or people your husband met down the pub?

I always ask new customers where they got my number! One of them once said "someone in the pub gave it to me"!

I am not so sure I want my number handed out in pubs!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Wine bars or restaurants would be fine!

When I do repairs in Indian rstaurants I get odd calls from waiters for repairs to their rented out properties!

Tony

Right you cheeky lot!,if you want all the information then thats what you'll get be prepared to read everything.
Last friday the 4th jan got a guy called tim bennett from bennetts installations (who i came across on the check a trade website that filters out the cowboys),he put the pressure back into our boiler system and then also bled a couple of radiators and listened to the central heating,also he seemed to think that the 3 way valve may need to be changed as when switched to the manual position the heating worked fine,but when put to the automatic side the valve was getting stuck,but it then seemed to correct itself(as the boiler had the correct amount of pressure in it for the first time in 8 months) everything seemed fine,yes also he is corgi registered.Then the next day i noticed that overnight that one of the valves was leaking,tim when he came out saturday a.m. thought it might be the pipes sorting them selves out,we agreed that i would wait til yesterday(thursday) to phone him to see if it would self seal itself
Well i rang him this monday saying that my husband had looked at the valve and when he had turned the valve more water came out then husband turned the valve back so valve was just dripping and Tim then suggested that i phone Worcester bosch to see if one of their engineers would be able to sort the leaking valve quicker,well rang customer services and they put me in touch with another corgi registered guy that was named on the worcester bosch website as an installer in my area.
So along came this guy on tuesday night(he is not in the check a trade register)he didn't bother listening to our central heating at all,started pulling apart my boiler then started saying that apart from a new isolating valve being replaced also a new expansion vessel was needed and also a new fan he said, ideally you should have a new boiler as this one is approx 14 years old otherwise you are looking at repairs costing £350-£400 which should last about 12 -18 mths.
As this guy that gets works through worcester bosch didn't even listen to our boiler, hear it charging up or seeing about the radiators getting hot or feeling if the pipes above our boiler were heating up,my husband and I feel like we are being fleeced
Enough info for you now,hope you enjoyed the story because at the moment i feel like ripping the b****Y boiler off the wall and chucking it in my garden arrgghh

[
quote="jazmum";p="792725"]:confused: The ongoing saga of our boiler we have got the pressure corrected but now an central heating isolating valve is leaking,when last week had an engineer out to look at boiler he mentioned that the white box that houses the 3 way valve gets stuck every now and again.When last night got out another engineer that deals with worcester bosch boilers more often he took the boiler apart and tells me that apart from the isolating valve that needs fixing also the expansion vessel and also about a new fan being put in,i dont want to get fleeced by anyone, if we get work done i want it to be done by what needs to be fixed properly
[/quote]

Please translate above into English :?: :?:

If you have a problem with boiler then you require service of a plumber so immediately go to him. If you don't want to go to him then you can search solution in plumbers’ website. Search for those site you will definitely going to get a permanent solution on it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back