Stop my redwood going silver!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OK ive searched but not found a definitive answer, and after driving around Pool area in Dorset it seems possible.

What do i coat my Hardwood fence (Jambu) to stop it going Silver? I would like it to stay natural with some kind of UV coat.

I tried Ronseal hardwood decking Oil on my Balau decking which lasted about 6months before it started to go patchy and now looks ****, despite Ronseal sending me some more of the same and some decking cleaner to try and fix it.

My neighbour mentioned Aquatec?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
OK not a clear finish but some tint similar to redwood/ Jambu/ Balau/Cedar/ etc..

Whilst I admire anyone buying decor wood external products you need to be aware that if you buy wood, you are also buying into a whole lot of love and care.

We fitted some real chunky and ridiculously beautiful oak products (doors, windows etc) into an extension last Summer. Things are starting to 'happen' now that the prolonged wet weather is here.

You have to really love wood and be prepared to tolerate its idiosyncrasies, otherwise allow it to do what wood does.

Sponsored Links
I would like it to stay natural with some kind of UV coat.

It's natural for it to turn silver with age and weather like many timbers do.

OK not a clear finish but some tint similar to redwood/ Jambu/ Balau/Cedar/ etc..

Any pigmented decking/fencing stain, just find one that has the colour you want, the wont look "natural" though, all stains change the appearance.

It's natural for it to turn silver with age and weather like many timbers do.
Particularly if you don't want to make work for yourself by going down the treating it twice a year route...

Literally a ten year old post.

Blup

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back