Storage combi - how do they actually work?

For that price just shove in a 120 litre unvented and have the luxury of an immersion heater backup when the boiler dies.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies all. Am erring away from storage combis now I know how they work.
Undecide on way forward as yet, but thought I'd do some pressure and flow tests to check if that's going to restrict my options:

Gauge on outside tap, static pressure 5.3 bar.
Kitchen tap full on 3.3 bar.
Kitchen tap on a happy maximum 4.8 bar.
Downstairs toilet flushed 4.3 bar
Upstairs toilet flushed 4.8 bar
Upstairs electric shower on 5.0 bar

Open flow at outside tap is 26 l/min.

I realise there are no dynamic flow figures there. I am expecting to fit flow restrictors to all outlets and a thermostatic shower mixer in the main bathroom (sticking with the electric shower in small bathroom).
At a high level does this sound like my options are still open on the boiler front?
Thanks in advance.

So it appears you could have 2 or 3 outlets open and you'll still have a bar of pressure...you should be fine whatever the solution.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back