Storage Heater in a downstairs toilet.

C

Crackfox

I have Economy 7 storage heating and have a redundant storage heater in my kitchen. I would like to move the heater and circuit to a downstairs toilet which contains a wc and a basin. Is this ok under the new 17th edition regs? Thankyou

Sponsored Links
Need more information.

How far from the basin will the heater be?

DO you have RCD protection?

What is the IP rating of the heater?

Can we add in what sort of heater is it? does it contain asbestos? - many do; are you dismantling it to move it?

Wouldn't have thought a small bog and basin warrantied a storage heater; get in have a dump and out again - unless you want to read War & Peace whilst dumping!

Need more information.

How far from the basin will the heater be?

DO you have RCD protection?

What is the IP rating of the heater?

The heater will be approx 1m away on the opposite wall, there is no RCD protection and I can see no IP rating on the heater. Thanks for your response.

Sponsored Links
Can we add in what sort of heater is it? does it contain asbestos? - many do; are you dismantling it to move it?

Wouldn't have thought a small bog and basin warrantied a storage heater; get in have a dump and out again - unless you want to read War & Peace whilst dumping!

Its a dimplex heater, theres no model no. or ip rating, No asbestos and its not that big so I can carry it with a helping hand. Thanks for your response.

Doesn't need an particular IP rating, unless your aim is appalling.

But a storage heater in a 2x2 room sounds OTT - it may get fearsomely hot in there - dunno how much adjustment you have to control how much heat it stores....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back