Storage Tank / emmersion heater wiring

Sponsored Links
Looks that way. Measure it and see as per my previous post. Is the Red 240v to blue?? Is the yellow 0v??

Temporarily connect the red to the yellow in the airing cupboard - does the boiler fire??

If so, then yes. The RED and BLUE are your feed upto the wiring center, and the yellow on its own is the boiler feed/fire. The boiler N and E can be ignored, as it comes from the FCU directly.

Use the diagram from the link given for a Y PLAN. Dont miss any cables or links!!

righty :) i shall wire that up in a little while and hope that it works :) wish me luck!

(with this house boy do i need it lol)

well it blew the fuse, so i thought id pull the fire out found out that the 3core was being used as 2 wires 2 power the motot and 2 as the mains supply :/ the original fitters were using the earth as a power :unsure::unsure: so im off to b&q to get some more wire then i should have hot water :D

Sponsored Links
Extremely interesting post, I'll save this for future ref......... keep up the good work

oh its still fun and games here, wired it up how the diagram says, pump wont go off. boiler wouldnt light fuse blown about 3 times :/ i now have the boleir running (WOOOO ME lol) but the pump wont go off. tis now driving me around the twist, thinking of finding my sledge hammer *contemplates*

Pump and boiler should be connected in parallel????

Mid position valves are always fun!

Keep double checking the diagram!! Draw another if it doesn't quite fit yours. Double and tripple check!

Missing any links withing the wiring center?? Check!

Good luck!

Also, if you have blown fuses with the time clock connected, there is a good chance you have welded the switch contacts of the relays inside the time clock in the closed position! Can you here it click when you turn it on and off?? (assuming digital).

i copuld hear it click now it doesnt even come on :/ im getting really peved off with this, ive followed the diagram to a T double trippled and quadraupled used my old and new items and still get the same thing. got the boiler alight but cant turn the hot water/ heating on or off just water on constant

Central heatin gis fun isn't it ;)

Check the time clock really is turning OFF - use your multimeter.

Double check your cyl stat connections for SAT and DEMAND, these back-to-front will cause the water to remain on.

Lectrician said:
Central heatin gis fun isn't it ;)

Check the time clock really is turning OFF - use your multimeter.

Double check your cyl stat connections for SAT and DEMAND, these back-to-front will cause the water to remain on.

would use it if i knew where it was lol. central heatings a pain in the rear end. pretty much most otherstuff i can wire up but not this,

if i want to get the pump to turn off which 2 numbers do i need to connect? (temp cure, dont really need hotwater all night lol)

dontmind me on the last bit its called switch it off at the fused spur

*hits head*

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back