Storage Tank / emmersion heater wiring

also on the diagram that was posted it shows the valve having 6 wires mine has only 5 (including an earth)

Sponsored Links
Still not clear if your immersion heater supply is invloved??

kevplumb said:
2 for the power to the motor

2 for the swich in the valve

1 earth

If it is a Mid Position valve, which with three pipes, it will be, then it isn't as simple as two for the motor and two for the aux switch. Each make will be different, but typically:

One core Earth,
One core Neutral.

One core Boiler/Pump FIRE(live leaving the valve).
One core HW SATISFIED(live entering the valve).
One core CH DEMAND(live entering the valve).

The valve will always allow water to flow to the cylinder unless the HW SATISFIED recieves a live from the time clock HW OFF terminal, or the CYL STATS SATISFIED terminal.

Sponsored Links
Memster said:
"this" semie helped mines the c type, with the question im lost lol. all the connections are loose

the room temp isnt wired in at all (brand new) make:drayton rts 1
the cylinder thormostat is also brand new again drayton, hts 3 (old one has the 3 wires going out
the wiring centre is drayton lwc1
the vavle has 3 pipes

the timer i have no idea its ancient just has 2 2 core & earth coming out of it (looks like ill be changing that to a drayton as well lol)

scuse me when has a c plan had a mid pos valve ;)

Memster said:
the vavle has 3 pipes

He did mention a valve, and by the number of core+pipes, it seems to be a mid-position.

It was Memster who stated it was a C plan, he could be mistaken ;)

i dont know.. something with 3 pipes and 5 wires ?

obv not the c diagram :(

sorry im really not any good with things to do with plumbing. a normal cuircuit wire and pretty much everything else i can run, but when its to do with plumbing :/ would a photo help?

and what if its a normally closed 3 port :confused:

or normally open

giving priority to hotwater

then it has 3 pipes and the the wiring of a 2port :LOL:

bit of a challenge that was, getting 1 channel controls to work on digital 2 channel :LOL:
but just to throw a spanner in ;)

:LOL:

The W plan 3 port only has 3 cores. ****e system - put in a correctly sized boiler!

Memster said:
i dont know.. something with 3 pipes and 5 wires ?

obv not the c diagram :(

sorry im really not any good with things to do with plumbing. a normal cuircuit wire and pretty much everything else i can run, but when its to do with plumbing :/ would a photo help?

I am reckoning the Y plan. You certainly have a mid position in my eyes. What is the model number of the valve??

no idea what the model is

all the writing on it is:

Honeywell
V4073A1039 <----ASUMING THAT?
230-240V 50~H
6W .04A MOTORLOAD
1.0(1.0)A
T55 BRASS TS93
MADE IN CANADA
FOR HEAD REPLACEMENT USE

A V4073A1039 is the part number for a Mid Position Valve with 22mm Compression Fittings. This is for a Y Plan system.

Use the diagram on the link given for the Y Plan. Sounds like you need to supply a feed of your own via an FCU, and determine what the 3 core does at the boiler end.

whats the best way of seeing what the 3core does? because it is definatly live and the only way to get at the boiler is to rip the fireplace out :( and ive got enough work to do with out starting on another room :(

and the thing i dont get is all the wirese were there and working now i got to run a new FCU.. might be easier to do this? would i run that off the 30A fuse ring mains or off the same cuircuit as the 15A thats for the immersion heater?

If nothing has changed, maybe there is an FCU near the fireplace back boiler. Look for it. If there is, the 3 core may be Red Live feed, Blue Neutral Feed, and Yellow Boiler FIRE.

You can meter to see if the red is the live?? And join the red to the yellow and see if the boiler fires??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back