Stoves oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Stoves fan-assisted electric oven which is probably the best part of 10 years old. It has recently appeared to be working less efficiently, ie. things take longer to cook. Is this just an inevitable result of an ageing appliance, or could I do something about it? I did recently clean the inside using a proprietary product.

Sponsored Links
Just a quick one have you accidently moved the thermostat bulb (I had one recently where while cleaning the bulb was moved closer to the heating element causing it to register the wrong temperature)

Does this happen when you use the fan oven or when you use the top and bottom element (guessing as no model posted) or a combination

If it is not heating or taking longer to heat it could be an element has failed.

I am trawling for an answer to a problem where the fan oven has stopped working and was interested to see this response. My oven is a diplomat 620, which is probably the same as the Stoves one underneath. Are you saying that the bulb has a thermostat built in?

If so then, as the bulb is faulty, it still lights up but one springy bits of wire is hanging off then it might be that causing the oven not to heat?

It works as a conventional oven and I have replaced the element, the original having not been faulty (tested with a multimeter after removal!) and the fan runs.

Any help greatly appreciated, thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back