Strandard cold infill hose for a Bosch washing machine?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a leak on my cold infill hose for my Bosch Washing machine - looked at Bosch ones - £18ish :eek:. Could get a standard one for £3 ish and it is longer than the Bosch which in my situation might be better as when I pull it out to clean under it (rarely ;)) it does strain the hose a bit ...
Pretty sure the make of hose doesn't matter ...does it? Any good reason for spending the extra?
(Sorry for typo - I do of course mean standard in the title ...it won't let me edit it!)

Sponsored Links
I'd say just go right ahead......I've used ones from Homebase and various plumbers merchants too - never had any issues.
John :)

Ok seeing as no one has said don't do it (and it is out of any guarantees etc anyway) bog standard cheapo it is then ! Thanks!

You're welcome.....the only problem I've had with these has been the odd rubber washer and one cracked plastic elbow. I don't think the hoses like the jolt when the water valves shut off - but they have to put up with it.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Another vote for a cheap replacement. I try to remember to have a look at the hose when the machine is out occasionally for cleaning to make sure it still looks OK.
You can get water shock arresters which put a bit of "give" in the system. Whether they are worth it or not I don't know.

Mine is leaking on the join where the plastic elbow is attached to the hose- reason I think it is due to strain when it comes out - it does get pulled taut sometimes - to clean behind I need to just pull it out and push it sideways -hose isn't long enough for me to pull it straight out far enough for me to get behind -sometimes I pull it out just a little too far

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back