Strange Happening Danfoss FP715 Programmer. Do you have one?

Just got the fiollowing reply regarding suppression.

"I can send you a surge suppressor if you forward your postal address.

It should be fitted between terminals L and N on the wall plate of the
programmer."

Hopefully that is the cure.

Sponsored Links
Hi!

I too have the identical problem with these units and I live 3 miles from Cambridge City Centre, hardly rural!
Display goes blank, can be reset someties and not others.
My plumber has replace 3 of these units under warranty so far!
Might ask him to look for alternatives.

I live in Ely, so we me be on the same part of the grid. It is a bit of a joke round Cambridge. The programmer just locks up and has to be reset by switching off the mains supply. The display goes blank and the heating/water is switched on. You cannot do anything with the timer. Did it with both timers. The old one just would not reset, which was why we replaced it. Works perfectly with a cut, it only does this on a fluctuation (spike). I work just south of Cambridge and we get all manner of problems with supply fluctuations there.

Hi!

I too have the identical problem with these units and I live 3 miles from Cambridge City Centre, hardly rural!
Display goes blank, can be reset someties and not others.
My plumber has replace 3 of these units under warranty so far!
Might ask him to look for alternatives.

Ive had enough of these things,im going to fit one of these programmers in my house
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ACL-DRAYTON-S...DIY_Materials_Plumbing_MJ?hash=item19b50caf7c

Bl0.0dy electronic programmers are a pain in the @ rse

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
I live in Ely, so we me be on the same part of the grid. It is a bit of a joke round Cambridge. The programmer just locks up and has to be reset by switching off the mains supply. The display goes blank and the heating/water is switched on. You cannot do anything with the timer. Did it with both timers. The old one just would not reset, which was why we replaced it. Works perfectly with a cut, it only does this on a fluctuation (spike). I work just south of Cambridge and we get all manner of problems with supply fluctuations there.

What did you replace it with?

Hi all, I know that I'm 4 years late for this party having just discovered this blank screen problem at my mother-in-law's house which is in the same estate where I live and I have a FP715Si too. I have no problem with mine. Mum-in-Law's started going blank recently. It's easy to re-set just switch off the power and then switch it back on (after a couple of seconds). All time settings are kept ok. After reading this forum I tried to replicate the fault by turning off the power momentarily and it worked. Just push the rocker up but not over until the red lights on the unit goes off and immediately let it spring back on. Heh oresto - blank screen. Now why is my mum-in-law getting millisecond power outages? That's the real question. I'm sure that there's a design fault but the main problem is millisecond power outages.

Cheers

Hi neilmur. I started this thread because of the problem the FP715Si highlighted.

Eventually after a really bad evening of power surges, I ended up with complete failure of power, so I reported it to the DNO who came out and dug up the pavement at the end of my drive at 3am one morning, repaired a failed connection and hey presto no further a problem.

Maybe your mum in law has a similar fault somewhere.

BTW, I still have the FP715Si and it will still lock up after a brief blip in the supply, but it doesn't happen enough to cause me much of a problem anymore.

For the record, I had this issue and think I've solved the problem for me. I bought one of these and fitted it inside the backplate:
It's been a couple of days, and the programmer hasn't hung once.

Just found your thread by accident. I've lived here 10 years with no problem from the FP715, which is controlling CH and HW on a Mitsubishi Ecodan ASHP.
Then on 8th January 2021 - the day I resolved the poor CH running (Immersion not turned up fully, so system stuck on Legionella), I found I had a blank screen with both systems running when the system should have gone off. The cupboard was very hot because the CH had actually been running properly on a zero C day with radiators at 50 - and the screen was blank.

IMG_7514.JPG-Ecodan-blank-control-8-Jan-2021.jpg

I removed the securing screw underneath, removed and replaced the FP715 on its bracket, and it's been absolutely fine ever since.
So if anyone does have an issue, try just removing and refitting the front panel of the control

IMG_7506-ecodan-radiator-50-8-Jan-2021.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back