Strange Links

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I seem to have underlined links on web pages (in a different colour) including Diynot pages which have appeared from nowhere.
To be clearer, any page I view has a word underlined which is a different colour to the rest of the text. Moving the mouse over the word shows that it is a link to various web pages. :confused:
As this has suddenly appeared from nowhere, is it the dreaded spyware and how do I clear it?

Seems Eddie was right about spyware being a matter of time. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Not sure what you mean B. Links generally have 2 colours to represent if they have been previously clicked (purple) or not (blue). If you hover your mouse over a link, right click and select properties, you will be able to see the address.

Can you give an example?

Hi Ian

An example is my opening post.
The words April , link, spyware and car are all in green and underlined.
When I put my mouse over it the cursor changes to a hand and text comes up as best april, best link, search for spyware, and best car.
Clicking on best link brings up this page http://www2.popupsearches.com/search.php?query=link and car brings up
http://www2.popupsearches.com/search.php?query=car.
Strange one this.
I done an Adaware yesterday and cleansed my system of 20 spys :evil: and I will be running Spybot shortly to see if I have any more visitors.

Not come across this one before, but it looks like more c**pware. You could have a look here for removal destructions.

Sponsored Links
Spybot doesn't just seek out spyware. It has a very useful Immunize feature. This uses facilities that already exist in Windows to redirect calls to rogue websites. When a link tries to access a URL on the blacklist it is redirected to a site called localhost which is your own PC.

Thanks Ian
I have removed as per link and they have gone.

Only thing was my internet home page changed from Diynot to Yahoo . com :LOL:

This spyware is very tenacious. :LOL:

I won't get caught again:cool:

Will he learn ?
flyingpig.gif
flyingpig.gif

:D :D :D :D

Seems the underlined links have come back with a vengeance :evil:

The link Igorian gave me is not working and something is changing my home web page to Yahoo.com.

I've run Spybot and Adaware and removed some more visitors and it is still there slowing my surfing speed.

My system is running Zone Alarm and Avg so I don't know where these spys are coming from :cry:

Any ideas fellas

Sponsored Links
Back