Strange scenario greenstar 28i junior

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Called out to this this morning. Customer said it packed up yesterday after a severe rain storm.
Towels etc wet in the airing cupboard. No pressure lost.
Removed the case and it was swimming. Gas valve saturated and plenty of visible water above.
Dried off what could be seen and attempted to fire it up. Lots of sparks from fan board.
Removed fan cover thinking hair dryer ! Rotated fan manually and you could hear water sloshing about on the inside. Started to remove the fan assy. Gas valve full of water WTF Good customer police woman and they pass you around. Worcester going Monday fixed price. Flue termination to the book.
Happened to any of you?
Jeff

Sponsored Links
Condensate plumbed into rainwater downpipe ? there was someone on here the other day with same problem.

Sponsored Links
Never forget about the obvious!

I went to one and was initially pleased that it was such a simple fault.

20 min later after fiddling with leaves outside in the rain I would have preferred a more complicated indoor fault!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back