Strange Toilet Problem

Cistern: Siamp Intraslim B concealed cistern

If no water trickles/seeps into bowl with the water to the cistern shut off and cistern full (check carefully, blue paper on walls of bowl ) then it's the inlet valve: Siamp 95L

If so it will be the inlet valve diaphragm washer. May be
easier to replace the whole valve .

There should be a quarter-turn shutoff on the other end of the braided inlet hose.

I dislike Siamp products.

Hi mate if I just replace the whole valve will it solve both possibilities?

Also what part of it is the valve I need to replace and how do I get it out and the new one in?

And I just need to order a new 'Siamp 95L valve'?

Sponsored Links
Twice nay.

You gotta prove is it cistern inlet or outlet faulty. Hence test.

P.S. I still dislike Siamp products.

Hi mate OK what part of that braided hose joint do I turn to turn off water? (picture below)

Attachments

• IMG_20210509_183613.jpg
    IMG_20210509_183613.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 66
Well, I can only guess that the tacky plastic cap is meant to be turned clockwise to close.

Whether it does so readily after years of disuse is another matter.

Did I mention that I was less than enthusiastic about the brand?

Sponsored Links
Did I mention that I was less than enthusiastic about the brand?
Err, so what you sayin’? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I used to not like them too, but I don’t mind them now, quite easy to work on/with.

Hi Guys, I'm not fussed about the brand, I just want to get the noise sorted and then order up a new plate for the wall.

The brand I am stuck with until the time comes to have to replace the whole lot.

Quick question, as the noise is intermittent (hasn't happened since yesterday morning) and was also appeared to be subject to how you pushed the plate/flushed the toilet, would that not indicate its the flush valve that's at fault?

Cistern: Siamp Intraslim B concealed cistern

If no water trickles/seeps into bowl with the water to the cistern shut off and cistern full (check carefully, blue paper on walls of bowl ) then it's the inlet valve: Siamp 95L

If so it will be the inlet valve diaphragm washer. May be
easier to replace the whole valve .

There should be a quarter-turn shutoff on the other end of the braided inlet hose.

I dislike Siamp products.

I've tried turning that valve on the braided hose and it does shut off the water.

Do just to clarify I need to do the following?

Let the cistern fill up fully until the water stops and then turn off the valve on the braided hose and check there's no water running into the bowl?

Yes, watch/mark the level in the tank, report what happens to it.

Hi Harry, ok so I let the tank fill up fully until it stopped, turned the braided hose off completely, and there's no water running into the toilet and also the water level isn't dropping in the cistern either.

However, I'm not sure what this proves?

As I haven't had the noise since the other week when I posted that video above/on the previous page?

To clarify, since I've opened the cistern up by removing the wall plate and manually lifting that flush valve, it's only made that gurgling noise in the video once.

However, several times when I've lifted that flush valve and released it, it's got stuck and water has kept filling in the cistern and overflowing into the toilet, and I've had to lift it slightly so that it goes back down and stops filling?

But that's not the same fault as I had before with that noise??

Do I'm at a bit of a loss??

Hi Harry, ok so I let the tank fill up fully until it stopped, turned the braided hose off completely, and there's no water running into the toilet and also the water level isn't dropping in the cistern either.

However, I'm not sure what this proves?

As I haven't had the noise since the other week when I posted that video above/on the previous page?

It proves that either the level set by the fill/float valve is too high, or that it is not turning off at the set level. Your disturbing it, has probably freed it up and it is working properly again.

It proves that either the level set by the fill/float valve is too high, or that it is not turning off at the set level. Your disturbing it, has probably freed it up and it is working properly again.

Hi Harry, fantastic do you think this will be compatible with my system? This is similar to the one we had, although this is half moon whereas the one we previously had was half oval.

They mention all of the plates being compatible with the Intraslim B, however I can't see as that's possible, as some of those plates they claim are compatible are those small rectangular pushes and they are at the bottom of the plate and the push plates will be off centre to the push rods?

This is the one I'm thinking of?

https://www.tradewashrooms.co.uk/toilets/toilet-cisterns/flush-plates/moon-flush-plate/

Hi Guys, the noise started again and I've found the problem. Ive removed the flush valve and what happens is, it's very intermittent, maybe once out of every ten flushes and the bottom seal goes like that in the photo, let's a small amount of water through, and then the cistern starts filling very slightly as the water level drops.

My question is this.

Are these flush valves inter changeable? Can I replace this Siamp flush valve with a different type/brand? Or am I stuck with Siamp? I've also attached a photo of the inside of the cistern.

Attachments

• IMG_20210523_123449.jpg
    IMG_20210523_123449.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_20210523_125517.jpg
    IMG_20210523_125517.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_20210523_125933.jpg
    IMG_20210523_125933.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_20210523_130007.jpg
    IMG_20210523_130007.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20210523_130340.jpg
    IMG_20210523_130340.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 56
Afaik, Siamp to Siamp, not Siamp to a n other.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back