strap on boss.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
im sorting my bathroom out. on my soil pipe i have an original strap on boss the old imperial size i prusume. I was planning on cutting the original 1 1/2"??? off short and using a compression fitting to change to new size pipe. Whilst checking this idea out the rubber in the boss came loose and it is perished so needs replacing. Does anyone know if ta new rubber would slot in here, then i can just use new size pipe?

i have measure the outside diameter of the rubber and it appears to be 49mm. Any chance someone could measure a new one for me?

thanks

Sponsored Links
I assume you are talking about plastic waste pipes.

50mm is a standard current size and rubber reducers will usually take up the minor variations in pipe sizes.

There are still slight variations in different manufacturers and between pipe designed for solvent weld and push fit. The compression fittings will connect to either type.

I suggest you take a sample of the old pipe to a supplier and I expect you can easily but suitable bits off the shelf.

The old imperial sizes were 1¼" and 1½" and these are now quoted as 32mm and 40mm but they are not all EXACTLY those sizes as explained above.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back