Street Party Madness

Sponsored Links
Nothing quite as bonkers like that here but despite the only thing that's ever been done in our road since I've lived here is a few flags hanging up yesterday there were several families out sprawling into the road, clearly extended families and friends wandering up and down chatting, nothing for decades and now this, when it's the last thing they should be doing, can't get my head round it.

Sponsored Links
And yet posters on here blame politicians for the death rate.
Stay home orders are issued from Gov.UK. Who do you think are the arbiters and decision makers regards controlling the masses?

Clue: It's not Jeremy Corbyn.

Thank god I live in the country where my nearest neighbour is a few hundred yards away and we are lucky if we see each other. Then it's usually only in passing and just to say hello as they walk their dog.

For some it needs a Mao Si Tung and the red army with guns.

It will probably be rather small areas doing it without distancing - results might help purify the race or be a big mind changer for some.

Stay home orders are issued from Gov.UK. Who do you think are the arbiters and decision makers regards controlling the masses?

Did Bojo organise said street party?

Are you suggesting that the street party has caused the UK to have the highest death count in Europe?

It's a thread about street parties (or started off that way).
About which I was commenting.

It will probably be rather small areas doing it without distancing - results might help purify the race
As someone on the twitter comments pointed out - weird that they're celebrating VE and then putting those elderly people at risk as a way of thanks.

We had a few parties around here - loud music outside etc, nobody seems to care anymore. One thing for sure though, if they open pubs at any time before the virus is well and truly under control then our gov are ridiculous. Drunk people do not adhere to social distancing at all..

Oh, ha. Bit of conga anyone?

https://twitter.com/JonathanPieNews/status/1259079423292301312

Last edited by a moderator:
Give them enough rope and they'll hang themselves.... Or do the Conga...

Yes, because they are the ones supposedly issuing nationwide protocol - except they were late to the party.

And?
Regardless of being late, we've been locked down for six or so weeks.
Short of martial law, at least some of the spread relies on individual responsibility.
Even if UK gov had locked down on Jan 1st, it wouldn't have made any difference if enough people carried on like the street party wallahs.

And yet posters on here blame politicians for the death rate.
strawman argument

if govt had done much earlier lockdown, test and trace, isolation of all incoming travellers then the UK wouldnt be in the position of the worst death rate in Europe.

Sponsored Links
Back