structural considerations for a bath

" you're probably over-thinking all this "

yes...i do that!

thanks tony. appreciate it. i'm going with the joist sandwich, as im going to build a plinth anyway, may as well do it on the actual joists.

thanks to you all.

Sponsored Links
"It's not just the bath they're sharing - it's also a huge amount of water. Nice, dense, water."

yup, 1kg per litre give or take.......calculated that in already ...we did that earlier in the thread

i am going to make a step, a big frame for the bath to sit on, i already said that...its gonna be at least made out of 2 x 8
Don't forget to allow for the weight of that in your calculations.;)

treu. also the screws. the air will be slightly less dense under the bath too when i use as it will be warmer,giving some lift, so ive got that to look forward to

Sponsored Links
doesn't need to be filled to the brim. If you are floating, you will displace your weight in water.

If you are thin, or not fully immersed, you will displace only your immersed volume in water, which will be less.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back