Structural Engineer Design

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Looking for some advice/reassurance on the attached structural engineer design.

The house is semi detached two story around 100 years old, the walls are solid sandstone.

We are knocking down an existing kitchen extension and rebuilding a bigger version.

The steel work shown for the new opening is alot more extensive then i imagined. But at the end of the day i dont have much experience to base that assumption on.

I would appreciate if anyone with a bit more experience could cast their eye over it and see what they think.

Thanks

Attachments

• Design.PNG
    Design.PNG
    204.3 KB · Views: 238
  • Design 2.PNG
    Design 2.PNG
    63.5 KB · Views: 238
Sponsored Links
He means expensive, so I would have thought some 152's would be OK or some 150 PFC's, the posts look excessive to me too, but I'm no SE. What's the opening size - looks about 2.8m but the OP needs to confirm. Flat roof? Which way are the joists spanning?

I don' really understand B2, there seems to be a wall with a single doorway and a beam all the way but then the padstone is in the middle of the wall?

Where's tony?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back