structural Engineer woes

Sponsored Links
Just found out he is is an ex HIP homeinfo pack provider and still using his ex company to draw cad plans on their pc.

I am happy to provide a more info but I want to get the plans done on Tuesday by another person,i have explained my woes with this new professional person and he is happy to proceed.

so thank you all for taking the time to reply,i will keep you updated here.

I do not know if I am able to list legal decisions here but I have been minded to let the original SE dig an even bigger hole underneath himself.

Once I have a decision I will post here and name and shame.

Thank you all.
James, are you saying he' not qualified to do structural design?

If nothing ever collapsed, we would have no clue as to whether designs were economic or wasteful.

"Anyone can design a building that stands up; it takes an engineer to design a building that only just stands up"

The bridge collapsed because of resonance in the structure caused by the wind passing over it like a reed. It's not the best example within the context of the current debate because it wasn't like someone drove a really heavy truck onto it and it went bang; norcon, you should perhaps pick on one of the "built a library but forgot to factor the weight of the books" anecdotes

Hi all.
I had a second opinion from a local architect and his design engineer and now I have received their email report which states the previous so called SE work is not correct and if the work was carried out his way I would be breaking building regulation and not be able to get council building sign off.
Also I would be putting my property and my neighbouring property at risk.

One good thing is they have found an alternative method of carrying out the work I want,at a much more less complicated plan using less materials/labour so cheaper :D .

So the original SE (so called) can whistle all the way to his local court.

Thank you. James.

Sponsored Links
Thank you-ban

I am getting new plans drawn up by the new SE at the moment.

I am now composing a letter to original SE :)

Ta.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back