Struggling to remove window beading

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need to replace a number of "blown" double glazed sealed units. Have managed to remove 3 in the conservatory with no problem by using a putty knife to remove the beadings.
One in the kitchen appears a slightly different design and I cant remove the beading - obviously dont want to damage the frame by using excessive force.

I've pasted pics of the one i'm stuggling with below, inside and out. Is this a sealed unit or do I need to use a different approach to remove the beading?

win2.jpg

Sponsored Links
I think they are the same as ours external glazed, the fitter first removed the internal gasket then the window can be moved back to get the beads out. Replacement is the reverse.

I think they are the same as ours external glazed, the fitter first removed the internal gasket then the window can be moved back to get the beads out. Replacement is the reverse.

So the bit of rubber on the inside needs to be prized out, then remove the inside beading to get at the window?

So the bit of rubber on the inside needs to be prized out, then remove the inside beading to get at the window?

Remove internal black ' wedge ' gasket, go outside ..push glass back , unclip external beads ...remove sealed unit ..get new unit , refit sealed unit ..push glass fully back , reclip in beads , go indoors refit black 'wedge ' gasket ( tip on gasket , spray glass cleaner around where gasket goes and use a small rubber hammer to gently push it in if it won't go with your fingers ) ...jobs a good 'un

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back