Stuart Turner water pump - worth anything?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
A plumber has recently done some work on the house and has made my water pump redundant (he installed an electric shower for me).
The pump I have is a Stuart Turner Monsoon 1.5 bar pump. Is it worth trying to sell this on ebay and would anyone want to buy it? I know its a lame question, but if you guys dont think its worth it then I wont bother trying to flog it.
Cheers

Sponsored Links
Yeah try eBay, god knows why you've gone electric over a stuart turner pump though

Thanks guys.

My immersion tank is really old and I didnt want to have to wait 1 hour for the water to heat up so I could have a shower - thats why I got an electric shower. I wished I'd thought of another solution though because my electric shower is really weak!! The plumber said that I cant use a water pump with an electric shower.

Unless I ditch the new electric shower and buy another shower that runs off both hot and cold then Im stuck.

Sponsored Links
Unless I ditch the new electric shower and buy another shower that runs off both hot and cold then Im stuck.

Correct. You'll probably get a reasonable portion of your money back if you put the electric shower on eBay though...

It's a shame your plumber didn't advise you that this would happen before he carried on and changed you over from pumped to electric. Might be time to get a new plumber. You'd have been better off spending the money having your hot water cylinder replaced with a better-insulated one with a higher recovery rate. Is it heated by electric or do you have a boiler heating it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back