Stuck Gearbox Filter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Does anyone know what tool I could use to free up and remove this stuck plastic gearbox filter?

It seems to be fused to the alloy housing on a classic Alfa and has been there for a number of years by the looks of it.

You cannot get access to the filter from internally so splitting the box won't work, I have tried most methods and am out of options!

Space is very limited and the filter depth is around 4 inches into the box.

Any help would be really appreciated on this!

Thanks

Attachments

• PXL_20230114_191821743.jpg
    PXL_20230114_191821743.jpg
    389 KB · Views: 67
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Easy out, but you need to find something that can lubricate the sides. Might be worth trying some diesel trickled around the outside of the flange.

How is it secured screwed or push fit?

If that doesn't work I would use a needle file to work through the sides in a couple of places to weaken it or a very fine saw blade.

Easy out, but you need to find something that can lubricate the sides. Might be worth trying some diesel trickled around the outside of the flange.

How is it secured screwed or push fit?

If that doesn't work I would use a needle file to work through the sides in a couple of places to weaken it or a very fine saw blade.
Thanks, lubricated it all up tried to break the side down but just crumbles in pieces but not in a good way to remove it. The filter is push fit with a rubber o ring around 2 inches in.

I'm assuming you can't get in from any side to push/force with lever, screwdriver or chisel, a side, into the middle to break it's seal ?

I'm assuming you can't get in from any side to push/force with lever, screwdriver or chisel, a side, into the middle to break it's seal ?
No access is very limited which is why I might need to remove the box entirely to get access to it. You cannot push from the drain hole or gain access to the filter from inside the gearbox.

Sponsored Links
Back