Stuck Gearbox Filter

Sponsored Links
Ordered a puller will see how I get on with it and if I need to modify it to fit hopefully will give enough to free it!

Appreciate all the advice

If you can pack it with grease and then chip away at breaking it down. The grease should hold the small pieces so that you can remove them. Bit risky but may be worth a try before removing the box. You can always top up with fresh oil to flush through. That plastic must just be brittle through age, the o ring will be brittle too and all conspiring to keep it in place.

You could also try a large flat bladed screwdriver inserted at an angle and then try turning it to get it moving and break any grip the O-ring has on the gearbox housing. You could also try some gentle heat.

Sponsored Links
Can you drill down through the plastic, enough to weaken it? If a normal drill will not fit, you can get right angle ones, maybe use a cut down drill bit too?

No access is very limited which is why I might need to remove the box entirely to get access to it. You cannot push from the drain hole or gain access to the filter from inside the gearbox.
It does sound like you are going to have to get the gearbox out to attack it, and then to get it clean after.

But as an off chance, a piece of rod, around the 28mm size, roughed up on its edges, forced in and twisted out ? Hoping it grips and pulls, or at least breaks the seal , giving you some chance of then prising it or gripping it?

Back