Stuck saracen lock on uPVC window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a window that is stuck closed. It appears (based on the window next to it) to have a Saracen deadlock gearbox with rods that extend directly into the frame (when closed) as opposed to having a roller.

The handle will turn and one side of the window will slightly move (1-2mm) when trying to open but the other side will not move at all.

I am assuming the gearbox has malfunctioned/broken and thus the rod will not retract, hence this side of the window not moving.

My question is how can I remove the gearbox and rods to replace when I cannot get the window open?

Many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Remove the glass to allow the frame to flex, slide in a very rigid wide scraper between the frame and opener and lever the opener over the frame keep

Thanks crank39, makes sense but a bit beyond my skill set and tools. Will get a professional in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back