Stud wall around staircase

Joined
11 Apr 2009
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Location
London
Country
United Kingdom
I need to build a stud wall in the area below along the red line. This is to separate the area in red. The area shaded green will be removed which is also a stud wall to make more room in the living area to the left.

I wanted to know if it’s better to build a stud wall on the existing banister wood, i.e. remove the banister first then have the wood sitting where the banisters were or do I need to strip down everything to the bare stairs and then start my stud wall from the floor.

The only issue with starting the wall from the floor will be that the wall could stick out, which I don’t want.

Help appreciated!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3571.jpeg
    IMG_3571.jpeg
    574.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3572.jpeg
    IMG_3572.jpeg
    488.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3573.jpeg
    IMG_3573.jpeg
    481 KB · Views: 1

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.


Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

 
Back
Top