Studwork packing

1 Sep 2015
Reaction score
United Kingdom
I've got solid insulation on my walls (75mm) and I am now framing it for the plasterboard.

It needs framing as there are some concrete pillars to go around. I also need to slightly add some 12mm packers as the studwork won't clear the column.

The question I have is. Should I put the Packers against the insulation, or between the studwork and plasterboard?

Against insulation means the studwork is only held in place top and bottom and then glued where the Packers are.

Between studwork and plasterboard means the studwork has a more solid fixing, but the plasterboard is then only connected to the Packers.

Sponsored Links
I don't understand the purpose of these packers. Is this the whole wall or just at the piers?

All stud walls are only fixed top and bottom anyway.
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local