Stupid Fitted Gas Oven Question

namsag said:
ChrisR your certainly wrong in suggesting a double oven could be fitted on 8mm gas pipe. That would be way undersized.Check the book even fitting a 4 burner hob on 8mm is pushing it.

I can't even find a discharge table that goes down to 8mm pipe, 10 is the smallest I can find.

Sponsored Links
Well andyman6..I think you stopped this one from going on & on & on..

:LOL:

these are normally fitted using a leisure type hose as it is a smaller fit ( sometimes needed ) the job is a first fit for gas pipe run then after your done on the woodwork second fit for bayonet and install unless of course u can see the pipe and can work on it when before and after the woodwork then its a simple first fit but an electric oven would save a lot of hassle me thinks

ps some hobs do have an 8 mm feed in but they rely on rigid pipe work of 15 mm as close as you can to feed them as for the ovens on 8 or 10 mm it was the done thing in the past if in doubt u can either check the working pressure or gas rate the appliance

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back