Stute thin cut orange marmalade - who sell it?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A few weeks ago, from 'somewhere', I picked up a jar of Stute thin cut orange marmalade. I very much enjoyed it and preferred it to any of the others, so ever since, I have been keeping an eye open to buy more, but without success. I have tried searching all the shops I frequent, searched online for stockists, even emailed Stute for a source and had no reply. It has become almost a quest, an obsession. I have found the no added sugar, and the diabetic versions, but failed to find the normal version in the hexagonal glass jar.

If anyone knows who stocks it, could they please let me know?

Sponsored Links
A source now found - Farmfoods, and cheap at £1.29 per jar. 5x purchased, and being transported the 200 miles to me, from Essex - don't ask..

Sponsored Links
Very low fruit content compared to premium preserves.

"Prepared with 30 g of fruit per 100 g"

Are you on a low sugar diet?

A source now found - Farmfoods, and cheap at £1.29 per jar. 5x purchased, and being transported the 200 miles to me, from Essex - don't ask..
Farmfoods? Mrs Motties mum lives in Wickford and I think they’ve ordered her some ready meals from them. In fact the lady that answers the phone literally lives in the next street to her and has offered to drop any meals off if she needed them in a hurry. Nice firm to deal with.

I wonder what the other 70% is.

Water?

Does the label say?

Sugar and water.

Harry's is actually 35g of oranges per 100g. That's actually quite high for marmalade. It's different to jams and conserves, presumably because Seville oranges have such a strong flavour.

Cheap marmalade is 20g per 100g, Bonne Maman 28g, Duchy Original 38g, Tiptree is an outlier with about 45g per 100g

Waitrose and Morrisons as well, allegedly stock the no sugar added / Sorbitol sweetener added stuff (some sugars are in the fruit naturally, of course.)
https://www.trolley.co.uk/product/stute-diabetic-fine-cut-marmalade/FQV254?q=stute+marmalde&p=2

The makers claim Tesco, Booths as well plus Ocado. https://www.stute-foods.com/No-Sugar-Added-Fine-Cut-Orange-Marmalade

Amazon listing warns of Sorbitol's laxative effect and mentions a 270 day shelf life... You may want to check out the use by date on the jars when they arrive!

That's less than I was expecting. I like Coopers Oxford at 40g, and Duerrs thick at 35. Aldi Grandessa is also 40g, and I look at the fruit content before buying.

But yes, I like the fruit conserves at Aldi, which I think are better than Bonne Maman although I haven't got one handy to check.

Harry's is this one, BTW.

1677168645349.png

Farmfoods? Mrs Motties mum lives in Wickford and I think they’ve ordered her some ready meals from them. In fact the lady that answers the phone literally lives in the next street to her and has offered to drop any meals off if she needed them in a hurry. Nice firm to deal with.
They are different firms.

Farmfoods is a discount supermarket a bit like Iceland.

The other one, that provides ready meals, is preceded by "Wiltshire".

Sponsored Links
Back