Suarez

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has there ever been such a concerted hate campaign against a footballer as there seems to be about this guy.
Let's say at the start he's no angel in terms of staying on his feet, and I don't like divers same as everyone else. So I'm not trying to defend him but he's hardly alone in that regard, these days they're all at it. And he's had incidents where he's been kicked up in the air and got nothing at all.
He was a hate figure even before he came to this country thanks to his handball on the line which saw the last african team knocked out of the african world cup. The pc press didn't like that and have had it in for him ever since. Which was why he's never had a fair crack of the whip in England.
The Evra affair didn't help, and he did himself no favours at all there.
But putting that aside, every week now the opposing manager picks him out for criticism, Moyes is the the latest.
I wouldn't mind if he was the only player going down too easily to con the ref but we can all name planty of others who do exactly the same thing.
For the record I think he's a good player but not a great goalscorer, and a bit of a hothead who can get wound up too easily and I'm not so sure that he's worth all of the opprobrium he seems to bring with him. Some justified, but an awful lot of it not, which is my point.

Sponsored Links
The media love it, simple really. Plus his pace is unreal and he will go down a lot when defenders try to tackle him hard because they cant handle him.

There are English players in the league who dive a lot more than anyone, but the media cant have a go at them can they, especially when one of them plays for Man United.

Not seen too much in the press about Gareth Bale diving?

Then you have the likes of Ferguson, the games biggest hypocrite, I remember the handshake incident, that Fergie said was all Suarez's fault, and he commented how Liverpool should sell him.....then his own player, Rio Ferdinand refused to shake Terry's hand....Fergie said I understand why :eek: then you have Young, dives for fun....but its ok because hes Fergies player.

Moyes should have look at some of his players first, before mentioning Suarez!

But yes, the media and the FA have got it in for him.

Thats just it though his reputation is now tarnished and it will precede him wherever he goes,I just wonder what he would do if he had to come up against the likes of Hunter,MacKay,Bremner etc,

Thats just it though his reputation is now tarnished and it will precede him wherever he goes,I just wonder what he would do if he had to come up against the likes of Hunter,MacKay,Bremner etc,
Stayed down - because they genuinely would have made proper contact with him.

Sponsored Links
I suppose that character the other week who elbowed him in the head while booting him with his foot didn't make proper contact then??

Then Huth stamps on Suarez. during Stoke game, right infront of the linesman, nothing given

article-2216048-1569E0B0000005DC-889_634x365.jpg

I suppose that character the other week who elbowed him in the head while booting him with his foot didn't make proper contact then??
Not like the pkayers mentioned, no.

His reputation precedes him. Live with it.

Squarehead is just an awful sportsman, and is getting what he deserves.

He exists in a multi-million pound soap opera.... in witch there a cheats, and he’s one of the best...
Earning that sort of money he shouldn’t complain !

Sponsored Links
Back