Chavs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Me lad did not to do too bad on his GCSE's. No 'A's just B's and C's. (Thats fine by me, Joe-90).

I decided to take him to a regular haunt of mine... the local snooker place - if he had got 'A's I'd have taken him bowling ;) We got a table, and as I play a bit I was trying to explain the rules and how to hit the cue ball.

He was gettting on well. Then 3 of his chavvy mates bowled in. Silly boy's really, and had seen us knocking balls about.

To cut to the the chase, they were (in their own eyes) the best snooker players in the club. Me lad got all tetchy then and really was not interested as they were knocking the balls in easily. I asked one of the chav's if I could have have a game with one of them. He said "yeah" Me lad then said "Dad but they will beat you, they play here all the the time"

I made a solid break of 71 after a poor break-off shot by chavvy boy. Easily won that frame.

So the next chavvy comes up..... smashes the reds..... I made a 3 breaks over 30 and he didnt get a look in.

Well, its boring I know. Just thought I'd tell you about my evening.

Sponsored Links
You know what they say about good snooker players........

A misspent youth :p

You know what they say about good snooker players........

A misspent youth :p

I agree. I should have misspent my youth more! I might have been able to beat 103 as my best break. I did that at 18. Now, its wife, kids, and mortages :eek:

Never got on with snooker, need gun sights on the cue. Now pool i`m good at !!

Sponsored Links
I don't understand these recent GCSE's; they were introduced in the year that I took my exams, based on coursework, which obviously I didn't have, plus the teachers striking, and me wagging off school, but I still got 5 passes, no fails.

I even passed an exam that I didn't attend. Because I was ill. How does that work?

But it seems now, that several mini courses happen, and if you fail, you retake, until you pass, so GCSE's count for nothing.

You are fed information to pass an exam, rather to actually learn? It's like the driving test, you are tought to pass an exam, then everything goes out of the window.

I was working with someone recently, that did not know what a vinyl record was. I know someone that has fear of a Microwave oven, and know of someone, that is unable to sit on a strangers toilet...MAD

So I'm unsure what point you are making Dubya?

What part of this story makes them chavs then???

Or are you saying ....they were already chavs before the snooker, hence you had pleasure in beating them ?????

I know you love your snooker soggy, but I just get the impression you loved the victory of beating your sons mates in front of him.

Not having a pop ...just politely asking.

I don't understand these recent GCSE's; they were introduced in the year that I took my exams, based on coursework, which obviously I didn't have, plus the teachers striking, and me wagging off school, but I still got 5 passes, no fails.

I even passed an exam that I didn't attend. Because I was ill. How does that work?

But it seems now, that several mini courses happen, and if you fail, you retake, until you pass, so GCSE's count for nothing.

You are fed information to pass an exam, rather to actually learn? It's like the driving test, you are tought to pass an exam, then everything goes out of the window.

I was working with someone recently, that did not know what a vinyl record was. I know someone that has fear of a Microwave oven, and know of someone, that is unable to sit on a strangers toilet...MAD

So I'm unsure what point you are making Dubya?
As we are with you.

Me lad did not to do too bad on his GCSE's. No 'A's just B's and C's. (Thats fine by me, Joe-90).

Nothing wrong with that. My daughter got A, B Cs at GCSE but went on to get a first at Uni. Tell him to keep on pushing. Try to add a few A levels and see where he goes from there.

Yawn. I remember now why I don't frequent this place anymore.

GCSEs give a basic understanding of a broad range of subjects - enough to get you by in life - hence General Certificate of Secondary Education. A-Levels build on that knowledge. An undergraduate degree builds on that knowledge even further. A PhD would make you an expert in that field.

What would you rather kids learn? Everything possible about each subject they take? That'd equate to a lot of learning. Why not just give kids a general understanding of a subject, they get a feel for which ones they like/don't like and if they want to they take it further. Those that have no interest in taking it further still have enough knowledge to enable them to live & work. They can only be taught what's in the syllabus and what's in the syllabus is designed to match the questions in exams. Pass the exams and you have a general understanding of the subject.

You & everyone else can read & understand what I've just said because you have a general understanding of the English language. A Professor of English could pick it apart because my sentence structuring is cr@p, but it would have taken him/her years to learn that. And I hated English.

Get him to do a Polish language course,get any job then.

What a good idea , He could then change his name to something like , ''ihatemyjob'' perhaps ,and then spend most of his time posting drivel on DIY web site forums.
:LOL: :LOL:

Sorry , couldnt resist.

Seeing as we have veered off topic ;) I'd like to say I have just seen my dogs brother on the remake of Willy Wonka. He behaves a damn site better on a lead. :eek:

(It's not a chavvy dog LMB.)

Seeing as we have veered off topic ;) I'd like to say I have just seen my dogs brother on the remake of Willy Wonka. He behaves a damn site better on a lead. :eek:

(It's not a chavvy dog LMB.)

It's really your dogs brother? Your dog must be chuffed. :LOL:

Unfortunately, our dog took the career path most dogs do....

Eat
Sleep
Walks
Crap
Eat
etc
etc
etc

Her bro always had ambition and drive :D (Oh, and owners in the film industry) ;) He is always popping up on tele the big show off.

Our dog has a Gas Man and his missus to guide her. Her future was always gonna be bleak ;)

What part of this story makes them chavs then???

Sorry, they were not, just general scum. They needed to be put in their place. I did it by playing snooker - would you have rather me beat the living shit out of them? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back