Chavs

I would like to know how to pass an exam without turning up.............!!!

Whats the secret?

Sponsored Links
GCSE's aren't everything, I got 1 C, 2 D's and the rest E's, and I'm doing alright!

I see loads of people who are coming out with loads of A* and B's then jog along to Tesco!

I think it's more who you know rather than what you know when it comes to careers nowadays!

(Not slating OPs son in anyway, and gratz to him and his results)

I would like to know how to pass an exam without turning up.............!!!Whats the secret?
It's no secret Alarm. If, for some reason (illness, death in the family, etc) a candidate fails to turn up at an exam, in Scotland at least, the school can, on the basis of the candidates prelim examination mark, make an appeal to the SEB. The school can also appeal on the candidates behalf if, for perhaps the same reasons, he or she fails to get the expected mark. Quite often, as the result of an Appeal, the candidates grade will be raised from, for example, a 'B' to an 'A', or a 'C' to a 'B'. All that said, I believe that the Govt are now reviewing the Appeals Procedures in Scotland and they may well become a thing of the past.

What part of this story makes them chavs then???

Sorry, they were not, just general scum. They needed to be put in their place. I did it by playing snooker - would you have rather me beat the living shit out of them? :rolleyes:

Hang 'em from the rooftops for all I care. :LOL:
I knew you'd take that comment the wrong way.

I was merely asking a simple question as to why you decided they were chavs.
Is it a substitute term for what I understand as SCUM...... if so, why?

I was genuinely interested.

Sponsored Links
GCSE's aren't everything, I got 1 C, 2 D's and the rest E's, and I'm doing alright................ and there are plenty eg Richard Branson, like you.

I see loads of people who are coming out with loads of A* and B's then jog along to Tesco Generally speaking, throughout the whole of the Primary, Secondary and Tertiary industries, only a handful reach the upper echelons without a solid record of academic achievement.

I think it's more who you know rather than what you know when it comes to careers nowadays!..................How many doctors, dentists, lawers or members of any other profession do you know who achieved their present position without having the prerequisite qualifications?

In retrospect I have to agree a little with your last statement. I once got a job because the employer knew me and wanted me to get the job. That said, I had to have the qualifications in the first place.

Seems a tad silly to me. You could have failed the written.

Sort of guessed they would take the course work into consideration.

I think people here are a certain age....in my day, you revised, all year, then took an exam, in a big hall, totally bricking it.

NOW they grade pupils by taking mini exams throught the year and if you fail, you retake it, until you pass. Then they collate the average of the mini exams to give a grade, but as all of them were retook, even someone with an IQ of 70 would pass. And that is barely an omeba.

The year when I took my GSCE, when they banished CSE's, the grade was based on this coursework, that didn't exist, and I still passed, and one exam that I didn't attend...?????

So basically the kids are given the answers in these mini exams, but are conditioned to learn how to pass, rather how to learn. When I was at school, education drummed into you. Learn stuff.

Look at Big Brother, Jedward, I'd suggest mentally ill. Amy Childs? no idea, That Other American woman, mentally ill, the only sane person in there is Darryn. All because of education. Could you imagine these people at school? or at home? they are mental! They are chavs!

Back