Submain to an outbuilding, perhaps

6.0 T&E cos I thought it would be more than enough for 1000w of lights and 6 double sockets.
Would 4.0 be better?
I was thinking of running T&E from CU to a junction box near where the cable goes outside/underground into SWA there its goes underground the 2.2m to the garage where it comes up to a CU in the garage

I already told you 2.5mm would be OK. I also told you you don't need a CU in the garage. Connect the sockets direct and lights via a switched fused connection unit.

Sponsored Links
I've got a detached garage only 2.2 metres away from front of house with no electric. How would I go about sinking cable into the ground. What cable would I use (6.0mm t&e?) swa? Would I have the cable going from the main fuse box in the house to another fuse box into the garage.
Ideas needed
Indeed they are.

You have not asked for ideas about who might sign this declaration:

I being the person responsible for the design, construction, inspection & testing of the electrical installation (as indicated by my signature below), particulars of which are described above, having exercised reasonable skill and care when carrying out the design, construction, inspection & testing hereby CERTIFY that the said work for which I have been responsible is to the best of my knowledge and belief in accordance with BS 7671:2008, amended to 2011 except for the departures, if any, detailed as follows:

Nor what you will say to your LABC when you apply for Building Regulations approval about how you will ensure that Part P is complied with.

Does that mean that you already know?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back