Subway tiles between kitchen cupboards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am fitting a new kitchen and would like to fit subway tiles between the worktop and wall cabinets.

A questions on the detail. I have the same length of units across the floor and wall. They line up. I think its good practice/good aesthetics to have a 1cm (please let me know if it should be more than this) overhang on the worktop. Should I then tile up from the edge of this worktop knowing that it wont line up with the wall units or keep this unit to unit?

I am also after any advice on the edging that I should use in this situation.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Hi, I was wondering if anyone had a view on this?

Thanks for your help.

i’d line the tile up with the wall unit .
which will mean it sits 10mm back from the edge of the worktop, if i’m understanding?
tile trim is dependant on your personal choice.

The trim question was only relevant if you were going to suggest I follow the worktop line. I’m guessing there would have been a small mitred return on the trim if that were the case.

Sponsored Links
The trim question was only relevant if you were going to suggest I follow the worktop line. I’m guessing there would have been a small mitred return on the trim if that were the case.
yes , looks less fussy in line with the wall unit.(y)

What type of pelmet do you have under the wall units? Some styles sit proud of the edge of the unit and if this is the case you might be able to go right up to the end of the worktop with your tiles. If not then I'm with bennymultifinish, line the tiles up with the wall unit.

I’ve not got a pelmet. It’s the Wickes Orlando Kitchen. There will be an end panel on wall on base unit to finish off this run of cabinets.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back