Success or failure in replacing uPVC hinges and gearing - original obsolete

Joined
2 Dec 2024
Messages
10
Reaction score
1
Country
United Kingdom
This is a "did you succeed" rather than a "how to" question. I have 25 year old uPVC windows with Roto (?) tilt swivel hinges /gearing etc. The mechanism is unobtainable and one supplier has suggested a complete replacement system . Even with labour, this would be much cheaper than a complete replacement unit. Even if I take measurements carefully, there is a risk the new mechanism won't fit. I'm asking for feedback on anyone who has attempted this change and whether you succeeded or failed.

Thanks
 
If it's a Roto mechanism I guess it's a tilt n turn window, I know it's a DIY site but to be honest I'd leave it to a professional like a window doctor type outfit, too many variables in mechanisms to mention and even I don't like doing them so to identify one that will fit, order it, wait 5 days, strip the old one off, fit the new one after trimming the lengths down to suit, setting it up, finding out you ordered a wrong part but you can't send it back because you've cut it, getting the window to work arghhh, nightmare
 

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.


Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

 
Back
Top