Suggest a way of clamping two corner seats together in an L shape.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
20180214_215210.jpg
Just finshed the carcases of a pair of seats for the kitchen, see picture. Once my in-house decorator (ahem) has finished the painting I'm going to be wanting a way of attaching them together as in the photo to give more stability to the arrangement. The tops are to be screwed on because we don't need or want storage, so I'm trying to think of something exterior that will do the job. I could fit two bolts through the rails inside but that would mean turning the seat upside-down.

I was thinking that a simple gate hook on the back would hold them together snugly once they were pushed into the corner.

Any other suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Is the seating not to be hinged or removable for storage? Simply screw together internally.

Sponsored Links
Is the seating not to be hinged or removable for storage? Simply screw together internally.
This. Any reason why the tops can't be put on after they units are screwed together?

Finish the decorating. Put the units in place, screw together, then screw the tops on.

Thanks, in the end this is what I decided to do. I bought some of those clamps and realised that they take up space so won't allow the two units to fit together snugly.

Here is the finished job with the tops not screwed down. Mrs RR has got an upholsterer who is going to make cushions covered in a deep tangerine wool.

IMG-20180221-WA0003.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back